Article 1 (Application of these Terms)
- These Terms set forth the required terms and conditions in the use of the Tokyo Tourism Connection (https://tokyotourismconnection.jp/; hereinafter, the “Services”) managed and operated by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- Persons desiring to use the Services (hereinafter, “Use Applicants”), upon consenting and approving to the content of these Terms, shall apply for member registration for the Services under the procedures and method prescribed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, and member registration shall be deemed completed once an application is approved by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- These Terms shall apply to Use Applicants and persons who have completed member registration for the Services (hereinafter, “Users”), and Users shall be deemed to have consented to these Terms when using the Services.
Article 2 (Modification of these Terms)
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall be entitled to modify (add to, delete or the like) these Terms without the approval of the Users. Users are asked to confirm the most recent content when using the Services.
- Unless otherwise prescribed, the modified Terms shall take effect from the point in time they are displayed on the Service's site. After the modification of these Terms, Users shall be deemed to have consented to the modified Terms when having used the Services.
Article 3 (Delegation)
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government, in connection with the provision of the Services to Users, shall be entitled to delegate all or a portion of the required services to a third party.
Article 4 (Browsing Environment)
- Users, at their own responsibility and burden, shall furnish the communications devices, software, telephone / internet connection agreements and the like required for the use of the Services. In addition, the communications fees, connection fees and other fees required in the use of the Services shall be borne by the Users.
- The recommended environments for browsing the Services are as follows:
- Microsoft Edge latest version (Windows 10 or higher)
- Google Chrome latest version (Windows 10 or higher, Android 9.0 or higher)
- Safari latest version (macOs, iOS)
Article 5 (Member Registration)
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall be entitled to not approve an application for member registration or to cancel the registration approval for temporary member registration in the following instances or for the following persons:
- When the use applicant does not actually exist;
- When the telephone number, email address, address or other contact information notified by the use applicant is wrong or contact cannot be made to the contact information;
- When the information notified by a use applicant is falsified or untrue;
- When there is a risk of interference in the provision of the Services;
- Persons who have violated these Terms of the use agreement for the Services or have had a member registration application not approved in the past or persons who have had approval of member registration cancelled;
- Organized crime groups, members of organized crime groups, persons who were members of organized crime groups within the past five (5) years, quasi members of organized crime groups, organized crime group affiliated enterprises, soukaiya (corporate racketeers), etc., groups engaging in criminal activities under the pretext social movements etc., crime groups specialized in intellectual crimes and other entities commensurate thereto (hereinafter, collectively, “Antisocial Forces”);
- Persons who have relationships in which Antisocial Forces are found to be in control of or substantially involved in their management;
- Persons who have relationships in which they are found to improperly use Antisocial Forces for the purpose of gaining unjust enrichment for themselves or third parties or cause damages to third parties, or provide funding or other conveniences to or are otherwise involved with Antisocial Forces;
- Persons who have socially condemnable relationships with Antisocial Forces; and,
- When otherwise in breach of these Terms or found inappropriate by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- Users must immediately provide notification of the details of modifications, in the method prescribed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, when changes occur to their registration information.
- User must take responsibility for appropriately managing the ID and password used when registering for the Services. Absent willfulness or gross negligence on the part of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall not be liable even in the event one's ID or password is used without authorization.
- Users shall immediately provide a report to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government when discovering the unauthorized use of their IDs and passwords, and shall comply with the instructions from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- Fees shall not be charged for registering as a member of the Services and using the Services.
Article 6 (Prohibited Matters)
Users must not engage in the following behavior when using the Services:
- Behavior that infringes on or may infringe on the rights, interests or property of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government;
- Behavior that causes or may cause damages to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government;
- Use or provision of computer viruses or other harmful programs via the Services;
- Reverse engineering, reverse assembling or other deciphering of the source code;
- Dissemination of false information, unjust obstruction of the operation of the Services, or behavior that is a risk thereof;
- Behavior that infringes on or may infringe on the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government or third parties;
- Behavior that infringes on or may infringe on the honor, credit, privacy, portrait rights, publicity rights or other rights of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government or third parties (including the unauthorized collection of the personal information, registration information or the like of other Users and other third parties);
- Use of the information of other uses and other third parties acquired in the use of the Services for purposes other than the use of the Services, or the divulgence of this information to third parties;
- Impersonating a third party;
- Obstructing the use of the Services by other Users;
- Excessively violent or explicit postings, postings of child pornography or child abuse, discriminatory postings, and other behavior that does or may breach public order and good morals;
- Provision of benefits or other cooperation to antisocial forces;
- Religious activities or solicitations for religions, religious groups or political groups;
- Behavior that violates or may violate these Terms or laws and regulations;
- Behavior that violates or may violated punitive laws and regulations;
- Assigning or lending the ID or password for the Services to a third party; and,
- Other behavior determined to be inappropriate by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
Article 7 (Direct Negotiations)
- Contact, business discussions and other negotiations between Users shall be directly conducted using the methods (tools) prescribed in the Services and by the contact method agreed by and between the Users.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall have nothing to do with the various content of negotiations, contracts, etc. among Users. Troubles and disputes arising between Users shall be resolved by and between the Users, and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall have nothing to do therewith and shall not be liable therefor.
Article 8 (No Warranty)
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government does not warrant that the Services (including the respective content of the Services) and the provided information (including the information registered by other Users) is free from defects (including errors, bugs, security flaws, infringements on rights and the like), nor that they are complete, accurate, up-to-date, integral and effective and/or appropriate for a specific purpose.
Article 9 (Disclaimer)
- Users shall use the Services at their own liability.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall not be liable for disputes, accidents or any other damages arising between Users and third parties.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall not be liable for damages suffered by Users due to the use or unavailability of the Services, except when the damages are caused by its willfulness or gross negligence.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall not be liable for damages suffered by Users due to malfunctions and troubles to hardware, software and communications settings and/or environment caused by the use of the Services.
Article 10 (Suspension of Provision of Services, etc.)
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government may modify, suspend or end all or a portion (the content, tools and the like in the Services) of the Services without advance announcement or notice. Users are asked to take responsibility for the backup of data and the like in preparation for changes in services and the like.
- In the following instances, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government may suspend or interrupt all or a portion of the Services without advance announcement or notice to the Users:
- (1) When engaging in the maintenance, inspection and updating of the equipment, devices and the like facilitating the provisions of the Services;
- (2) When the provisions of the Services is tenuous due to a fire, power outage, natural disaster or the like;
- (3) When communications providers fail to provide services; and,
- (4) When the Tokyo Metropolitan Government otherwise determines the provision of the Services to be tenuous.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall not be liable for the damages or detriment suffered by Users with the modification, ending, suspension or the like of the Services pursuant to this Article.
Article 11 (Handling of Personal Information)
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall handle user information pursuant to the separately set forth “Handling of Personal Information”. Users shall use the Services upon consenting to the “Handling of Personal Information”.
Article 12 (Intellectual Property Rights)
All copyrights, trademark rights and other intellectual property rights (including rights to exploit these intellectual property rights) regarding the products on the Services' website shall belong to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government. Use in excess of the scope allowed under laws and regulations shall not be authorized without obtaining permission from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
Article 13 (Individual Rules)
Article 14 (Relation with Laws and Regulations)
In the event the provisions of these Terms violate laws and regulations, the provisions of these Terms shall not have effect to the extent thereof. However, even in such event, there shall be no change to the effectiveness of the other provisions of these Terms resulting therefrom.
Article 15 (Method of Contact)
- Inquiries and other contact from Users to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall be conducted by the “Inquiry” form established in the Services' website or by email to the email address designated by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall contact Users in connection with the Services by posting on the Services' website, sending email to the User's registered email address, or other appropriate method, and this contact shall be deemed to have arrived at the Users when it ordinarily would have arrived.
Article 16 (Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction)
- The original of these Terms shall be the Japanese language version, and these Terms and the agreements related to the use of the Services shall be construed in accordance with and subject to the application of the laws of Japan.
- The Tokyo District Court shall be the court of first instance with exclusive jurisdiction by agreement of all disputes arising in connection with these Terms and the use of the Services.
Enacted on January 12, 2022