- Handling of personal information
Handling of personal information
This site collects user information, including personal information of the users of this site, to the extent necessary for the smooth operation of the provided services. In the handling of user information, the following information handling policy (hereinafter, the “Policy”) has been enacted in an effort to engage in proper handling as follows and to create a site that can be safely used by our users.
External Provision of Personal Information
The collected personal information shall be provided to the following contractor and service delegation company for the foregoing purpose of use, after encrypting data, password protection and adopting other required protection measures. Additionally, this site is operated as an online networking forum for tourism related businesses. Metropolitan tourism related businesses are able to view the input and published user information of overseas tourism related businesses, and overseas tourism related businesses are able to view the input and published user information of metropolitan tourism related businesses. Furthermore, when requested, a provider shall be entitled to prohibit the provision of identifying information to the following contractor and service delegation company; provided, however, that this website may not be utilized when seeking to prohibit the provision of the minimum personal information required for operation.
Contractor: Toppan Inc.
Address: 1-3-3 Suido, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
Service Delegation Company: Toppan Travel Service Corp.
Address: Hamamatsucho 262 Bldg., 2-6-2, Hamamatsucho, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0013
Provision to Third Parties
The collected personal information shall not be provided to third parties except pursuant to the provisions of laws and regulations and for the protection of the lives, health, property and other material interests of providers and the general public otherwise.
Collected User Information
The following user information will be collected by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (hereinafter, TMG) via this site.
(Information on Domestic Business Operators)
Business name, address, existence of business office in Tokyo, telephone number, homepage URL, number of employees, name of registered representative, name of person in charge, telephone number of person in charge, email address of person in charge and tourism business license number.
(Information on Overseas Business Operators)
Business name, country / territory, address, telephone number, homepage URL, number of employees, name of person in charge and email address.
Scope of Application
This Policy applies only to this site and does not apply to other sites linked to this site. The handling of information at linked sites shall be conducted at the responsibility of such organizations.
Collection of User Information
In principle, the collection of user information by the TMG via this site shall be conducted as a provision of information (registration) at the will of the user. The purpose for the collection shall be expressly stated in the collection of personal information. User information shall be collected within the scope required for the achievement of the expressed purpose.
Restrictions on Use of User Information
The provided (registered) user information shall be used within the scope of the collection purpose expressed in advance. User information shall never be used beyond the purpose of collection or provided to third parties except in those instances prescribed under laws and regulations; provided, however, that the information regarding statistically processed user attributions, etc. may be published as long as that does not include personal information.
Purposes of Use for User Information
The collected user information shall be used for the following purposes:
Online networking among tourism related businesses;
Responding to requests and inquiries from users;
Sending of newsletters, etc. and deliver of email magazines issued by the TMG;
Providing various information on the business activities hosted or put on by the TMG; and,
Other purposes of use expressly stated upon the acquisition of the information.
- Online networking among tourism related businesses;
- Responding to requests and inquiries from users;
- Sending of newsletters, etc. and deliver of email magazines issued by the TMG;
- Providing various information on the business activities hosted or put on by the TMG; and,
- Other purposes of use expressly stated upon the acquisition of the information.
Management of User Information
The collected user information shall be strictly managed by the homepage manager, and appropriate measures shall be taken to prevent leaks, misappropriation, manipulation and the like. Furthermore, the operation of this site may be outsourced, and the outsourcee shall likewise implement appropriate measures.
User Information not Including Personal Information
This site automatically collects internet domain names, IP addresses and information on the site's browsing environment and the like (hereinafter, “Information On Users”). The collected Information On Users is limited to content for the purpose of enhancing usability, and shall only be used within the scope thereof; provided, however, that statistically processed site access information and information on the browsing environment and like may be published.
This website may collect and use page browsing histories, search histories and other information related to website use status (individuals cannot be identified) to improve contents and statistically study the view status for the purpose of market studies used at the company. Accordingly, this website uses a technology known as cookies.
Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
Inquiries, disclosures, corrections and deletions of the collected personal information pursuant to the prescribed procedures shall be conducted only when requested by the principal of the information or their acknowledged agent.
Policy Modification Procedures
The TMG shall modify this Policy as needed; provided, however, that in instances where user consent is required under laws and regulations for the modification, the modified Policy shall only apply to the users consenting to the modification in the method prescribed by the TMG. Furthermore, when modifying this Policy, the TMG shall publish the implementation timing of the modified Policy and the modified content on the TMG's website, and shall publicize this by appropriate method or notify the users.
Direct Inquiries Related to this Matter and Complaints Related to this Matter to
Direct inquiries to the inquiry form for this site.
Enacted on January 12, 2022
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (hereinafter, TMG), in accordance with the applicable regulations of the EU and its member states related to the protection of data, in particular, the “General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (hereinafter, the “GDPR”), collects and processes the personal data of the users subject to the application of these regulations (hereinafter, “Users”).
This Policy explains how the TMG will process the personal data of Users in its capacity as the data controller.
Scope of Application of Policy
This Policy shall apply to the collection, processing, etc. of the personal data of Users in their use of http://www.tokyotourismconnection.jp (hereinafter, the “Site”).
Furthermore, the personal data in this Policy shall be limited to the personal data subject to the GDPR.
Collected and Processed Personal Data
The TMG shall collect and process the following personal data for the purposes expressly set forth in this Policy:
- Telephone number;
- Fax number;
- Email address;
- Other contact information;
- Name of business operator / homepage URL;
- Name of division;
- Work location; and,
- IP address, cookies, etc.
Purposes for Collection and Processing of Personal Data
The TMG shall collect and process personal data only for the following purposes:
- For logging into services within the Site and for the provision and maintenance of these services;
- For notifying Users of changes to the services within the Site;
- For provision of customer support services;
- For conducting analysis in the improvement of the TMG's services;
- For controlling the use status of services by Users and managing Users' accounts;
- For detecting, preventing and responding to technical issues;
- For improving safety and security through the monitoring of wrongdoing, investigating of violations of this Policy, etc.; and,
- Except in those instances where receipt is refused by Users, for providing news, special offers, marketing materials, promotional materials, general information, etc. related to the other products, services and events offered by the TMG.
Legal Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The legal bases for the processing of personal data shall be as follows:
- Instances where Users have granted consent to the processing of personal data;
- Instances where processing is necessary in the performance of contracts to which Users are parties, or instances where processing is necessary in the implementation of procedures in response to requests from Users prior to the execution of contracts;
- Instances where processing is necessary for compliance with the legal obligations owed by the TMG;
- Instances where processing is necessary for the protection of interests related to the lives of Users and other natural persons;
- Instances where processing is necessary for the performance of duties in public interests or the exercising of public authority granted to the TMG; and,
- Instances where processing is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by the TMG or third parties; provided, however, that this shall not apply when the interests, basic rights and freedoms of Users seeking the protection personal data shall prevail over these interests.
Source of Acquisition of Personal Data
The TMG shall directly acquire personal data from Users.
Personal Data Retention Period
The TMG shall retain personal data only for the period required for the collection and processing purposes set forth in this Policy.
Outsourcing of Services
The TMG may outsource the handling of the personal data of Users, within the scope required for the achievement of the purposes of use, to outsourcing providers who have been delegated all or a portion of the services.
The TMG shall establish matters related to the appropriate processing of personal data to have outsourcing services providers handle the personal data of Users only for such tasks performed on behalf of the TMG, make them obligate not to disclose or use personal data for other purposes, etc., and shall engage in oversight to see that there is appropriate control at the outsourcing services providers.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, the TMG may be required to disclose the personal data of Users when required under laws, or in response to legitimate requests for public authorities (courts, government authorities, etc.).
The TMG may disclose the personal data of Users when determining in good faith that it is required for the following purposes:
- For compliance with legal obligations;
- For the protection or defense of the TMG's rights or property;
- For the prevention or investigation of wrongdoing related to the Site's services;
- For the protection of the personal safety of the Users of the Site's services and the general public; and,
- For protection from legal liability.
The TMG shall utilize commercial acceptable means to enact appropriate systematic and technical security measures and to prevent the unauthorized use, loss or alteration of personal data in an effort to protect the personal data of the Users.
Rights of All Users
All Users, who are data subjects for personal data subject to the application of the GDPR, shall have the right to withdraw their consent for the processing and acquisition of personal information, as well as the following stated rights under the GDPR.
Furthermore, Users are asked to first contact the TMG when seeking the provision of information, etc. related to the personal data collected and processed by the TMG or the deletion, etc. of this information from the TMG's system.
- The right to obtain confirmation as to whether the data collected and processed by the TMG is being handled, and if it is being handled, right to access this data, etc.. By exercising these rights, you may receive copies of personal data
- The right to seek rectification if the data collected and processed by the TMG is inaccurate
- The right to seek the erasure of the data collected and processed by the TMG; This is limited, however, to those instances corresponding to any of the respective items of Article 17, Paragraph 1 of the GDPR
- The right to seek the restriction of the handling of the data collected and processed by the TMG; limited, however, to those instances corresponding to any of the respective items of Article 18, Paragraph 1 of the GDPR
- The right to object to the processing of the data collected and processed by the TMG; and,
- The right to seek the data portability of the data collected and processed by the TMG; limited, however, to those instances corresponding to any of the respective items of Article 20, Paragraph 1 of the GDPR.
Please note that Users may be asked to confirm their identification prior to compliance with the foregoing requests.
Right to Lodge Complaints with Supervisory Authority
Users shall have the right to lodge complaints at any time with the supervisory authority for their residential or work location regarding the collection and processing of the Users' personal data by the TMG.
Furthermore, we would appreciate an opportunity to address User concerns prior to approaching the regulatory authority, and ask that you first contact the TMG.
Links to Other Sites
The Site may contain links to other sites not operated by the TMG. Users will be transferred to third party sites when clicking on third party links. The TMG strongly recommends that Users confirm the privacy policies of all the sites they visit.
The TMG is unable to control third party sites or the content of their services, privacy policies or practices, and shall not be liable in any manner therefor.
The Site does not target persons who are younger than 16 years of age (hereinafter, “Children”).
The TMG does not intentionally collect identifiable data from persons who are younger than 16 years of age. We ask Users who are parents or guardians to contact the TMG when learning their Children have provided personal data.
The TMG will take measures to delete data from its servers when discovering that personal data has been collected from Children without confirming the consent of persons with parental authority.
Prior to the modification taking effect, the TMG will inform the Users by email or by prominent notice on the TMG's services, and will modify the “effective date” set forth at the top of this Policy.
Users are urged to regularly confirm whether modifications have been made to this Policy. Modifications to this Policy shall take effect from the point in time they are posted on this page.
Inquiries and Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please direct inquiries to the following.
Name of Organization: Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Data Privacy Controller: Tokyo Metropolitan Government Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs, Tourism Division, Planning Section
Email address: S0000571@section.metro.tokyo.jp